Oncology experts believe unlocking the cure for kidney cancer leads to breakthrough treatments for other cancers.
We are committed to curing kidney cancer and other cancers now.
We are the voice of kidney cancer advocacy in Washington, D.C. and the U.S.
We seek research funding for breakthroughs and early detection.
We welcome you and your advocacy. With relentless devotion to our vision and our shared resources, we will achieve lasting legacies.
WHAT WE'RE DOING
HOW WE'RE DOING IT
- Congressional meetings, (in district and in D.C.)
- Advocacy days (fly-in) - Capitol Hill
- Congressional briefings
- Congressional letters
- Agency meetings (FDA, NIH/NCI, CDC)
- Consortium involvement and engagement (AUA, OVAC, DHRC, AACR, ASCO, SBUR, others)
- Convene Stakeholder gatherings - “Connect, Network and Advocate” (attendees – patients, caregivers, physicians, hospitals, industry/pharma, life sciences, others)
- Coalition building – IKCC, KCCure, Kure It, OVAC, VHL, JNF, DHRC – Harnessing and leveraging ourresources to have the strongest voice
- State leadership activities – Identify, train, activate state ‘grass top’ leaders and advocates.
- Stakeholder Registry – database development of grassroots advocates
- Public relations/media outreach
- Targeted issue advertising
- Engaging stakeholders in Washington
- Mobilizing the community
- Leveraging resources to achieve the vision of a cure
- Increased research funding at the NIH/NCI
- Increased research funding via the CDMRP
- CDC funding for kidney cancer awareness and future screening funding
- Congressional information resource